Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Waitin' For The Night

Made a pretty good haul today. It's actually pretty fucking fun to watch people while I play, all propped up on a stool and shit. They don't really see me as they pass by, sometimes. The ones that do, I kind of wonder what they see. Probably assume I'm just another homeless street bitch.

I had to go get my leg checked out yesterday, and it's still not healing quite right. I'll probably have a fucking limp for as long as I live. However long that is. We don't have the time or the money to get it reset, besides, they'd have to rebreak the bone and shit at this point. Like hell I'm going through that, especially right now.

Not with money tight like it is. I've been bringing in a reasonable amount every so often, but like I said, at times it's like people don't even see me. Like I'm in some kind of fog or some shit. That or the people around here are just fucking self-absorbed and need to pull their heads out of their asses.

Harls has been sick more often than not recently, though at least she's been able to work. Makes me wish I could hold a fucking job, especially with her always looking like she's seeing things out of the corner of her eye or some shit.

Been thinking a lot about home. Harls says she doesn't feel right talking about my folks and Delia, so I guess maybe I should. Fuck it, I don't even know if I should. They don't deserve this shit, and they've got enough to deal with when it comes to shit.

-Darts

Edit: Harls says I should elaborate. Very well, Miz Harlene.

I'm the older of two kids. Dellybird's got Cerebral Palsy, so she's in and out of the hospital all the time and really, she's not going to ever be able to fend for herself. Mom and dad have to focus on her a lot. I don't hold it against her. Delia is love. Her smile is like sunshine, to be completely fucking cliche about it.

She's the reason I went with Harls so easily, beyond loving my blondie girl. Delia can't get dragged into this shit. Ever.

1 comment:

  1. I...I can understand your need to protect your sister all too well.

    ReplyDelete