Monday, February 27, 2012

You Drive Me Wild

She told me she loved me first. Who'd've thought? Dartsy in all her harsh words and cool exterior and torn up jeans... would be the first to move from "I like you very, very much" to "I love you" first. I'm not surprised.

It was at a show, one she was playing with her band, where she dragged me up to sing with her. I'm not a great singer, I don't know why that kept happening, but I had fun and it really made her smile. I'm not going to complain about making her grin.

Between a cover of 'You Drive Me Wild' and one of Darts' original punk ballads, she tugged me over to her and pulled me down to whisper it straight in my ear. Needless to say I was utterly caught off guard and immediately pulled an unexpected stage dive.

After the show I had to assure her that it had been a good response, not a run away forever sort of response.

And then I got to assure her... that I loved her too. Even if it's not conventional or traditional and my parents were giving me scrutinous looks out of the corner of their eyes when they thought I wasn't looking. "It's just a phase" was a popular saying in our house, even though I know damn well and better.

I love Darcy too. And it's a feeling that makes me soar even when I'm feeling at my lowest. Just felt like saying.

~Harls

1 comment: